PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY 2018
3rd INTERNATIONAL MEETING on Materials Science for Energy Related Applications
B E L G R A D E
25-26 September 2018.
PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY 2018
3rd INTERNATIONAL MEETING
Energy Related Applications
University of Belgrade –Faculty of Physical Chemistry
KTH – Royal Institute of Technology
in co-operation with
The Society of Physical Chemists of Serbia
Center for Electrochemical Surface Technology, CEST, Austria
- Prof. Natalia Skorodumova, KTH – Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, chair
- Prof. Richard G. Compton, University of Oxford, England
- Prof. Borje Johanson, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Prof. Andrei Ruban, KTH – Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Prof. Dmitri B. Migas, Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics, Minsk, Belarus
- Dr. Anton Kokalj, Jozef Stefan Institute, Department of Physical and Organic Chemistry, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Prof. Peter J. Walde, ETH Zurich, Department of Materials, Switzerland
- Dr. Diogo M. F. Santos, CeFEMA, Instituto Superior Technico, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Prof Slavko Mentus, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Physical Chemistry, SASA, Serbia
- Prof. Gordana Ćirić-Marjanović, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Physical Chemistry, Serbia
- Dr. Zorana Dohčević-Mitrović, University of Belgrade, Institute of Physics, Serbia
- Dr. Biljana Šljukić Paunković, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Physical Chemistry, Serbia
- Igor Pašti, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Physical Chemistry, Serbia, chair
- Vladimir Panić, University of Belgrade, Institute of Chemistry, Technology and Metallurgy, Serbia
- Nejc Hodnik, National Institute of Chemistry, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Nemanja Gavrilov, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Physical Chemistry, Serbia
- Aleksandra Dapčević, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, Serbia
- Ana Dobrota, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Physical Chemistry, Serbia
- Sanjin Gutić, University of Sarajevo, Faculty of Chemistry, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Katarina Batalović, University of Belgrade, Vinča Institute, Serbia
- Lidija Rafailović, CEST, Wiener Neustadt, Austria
- Miloš Baljozović, Empa – The Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology
- Aleksandra Marković, University of Oldenburg, Germany
- Edvin Fako, ICIQ Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia, Tarragona, Spain
- Aleksandar Jovanović, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Physical Chemistry, Serbia
Aim of the Meeting
- The 3rd International Meeting on MATERIALS SCIENCE FOR ENERGY RELATED APPLICATIONS is organized as the satellite event to PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY 2018 conference with the aim to bring together scientists from all domains of material science for energy related applications. Contributions related to materials for heterogeneous catalysis, fuel cells, batteries, hydrogen storage, solar energy conversion systems and others are welcomed (see registration form for more details). One of the goals of the Meeting is to bring together theoreticians and experimentalists working in the field. Hence, theoretical, experimental and combined studies are welcomed. Young researchers are especially encouraged to present their work at the meeting. Planed sessions include, but are not limited to: Materials for electrochemical power sources, Catalysis, electrocatalysis and photocatalysis in energy conversion and storage, Application of ion conductors in energy conversion and storage, Application of polymeric materials in the energy conversion and storage, Hydrogen energy and hydrogen storage materials, Solar energy materials, The future of material science in the field of energy conversion and storage. More on these specific topics can be found here.
- A special pitch presentation session will be devoted to undergraduate and master student making their first steps into materials science, within the session First Steps in Materials Science – Student‘s Pitch presentation section. The best pitch presentations will be awarded.
- More details will be given in the Second Circular and on the conference web site.
- The official language of the Meeting will be English.
- Registration and submission of papers: 2nd July 2018.
- Payments of conference fee: 15th August 2018.
- The Meeting will include lectures delivered in the form of oral presentations (30 min for plenary lectures and 15 for other lectures) and posters. The intention of organizers is to give each participant an opportunity to present their work in the form of oral presentation. However, due to a limited number of time slots we retain the right to shift certain number of oral presentations to poster presentations only. Nevertheless, all contributors are encouraged to prepare poster presentations as well, and we shall provide space for a poster for each participant. Posters will be placed throughout the duration of the Meeting and presented and discussed during the breaks. The content of poster presentations is up to the choice of authors: posters can present the same results as in the oral presentation, other results that authors consider as interesting to present, but also can be presentations of research groups or research activities of presenting authors.
- For the pitch presentation session, 3 min oral presentations are planned with additional 3 min for discussion.
- All presentations at the Meeting will be published in the BOOK OF ABSTRACTS. The form of the paper is up to authors. Please limit the length of your paper to 800 words, excluding title, author names, affiliations and references. No specific formatting is required; this will be done during the typesetting of BOOK OF ABSTRACTS. Please be spare with references and keep their number below 10. If references are cited in the text, place them in a square brackets: , ,…, and cited at the end of the text. Use following style:  G. Petrov, Raman Spectrosc., 2003, 34, 160-167. Figures can be included in the abstract, but limit the number of figures to one. Please take care of copyright issues. If some of the figures which are already published are reproduced then proper license needs to be obtained. Please avoid sending PDF – instead send your paper in any editable file format. Also, embed the figure (if any) with the appropriate caption directly in the text.
Registration and papers submission
- Filled Registration forms should be sent electronically by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) before July 2nd, 2018. By the same date papers should be submitted electronically to the same e-mail address. Registration and submission of papers can be made separately. Upon the acceptance of papers each registered participant will receive the participant ID number. Students who wish to present their work at regular sessions, and have access to all conference activities should also submit confirmation/certificate of their student status. Undergraduate and MSc students registering for Pitch presentation session should submit filled registration form and abstract in the same way as other participants. These papers will be printed in the BOOK OF ABSTRACTS in a separate chapter.
Registration fee and access to meeting activities
From 2018 we shall introduce a conference fee. Prices are listed below:
- Researchers: 55 EUR
- Students: 35 EUR
- Undergraduate and MSc students (Pitch presentation session): free
With paid conference fee, participants will have full access to all the meeting activities, including coffee breaks, lunches and conference dinner, without any additional costs. Also, BOOK OF ABSTRACTS will be provided to each participant with paid conference fee.
Accounts name: UNIVERSITY OF BELGRADE-FACULTY OF PHISICAL CHEMISTRY
Bank name: NATIONAL BANK OF SERBIA
Accounts No: 840-50790-48
SWIFT: NBSRRSBG XXX
DETAILS OF PAYMENT: PARTICIPANT ID NUMBER
Important – When paying the conference fee please clearly state your participant ID number. Payments should be done by 15th August 2018, following the instructions given above. No on-site payment is possible.
More details will be given in the Second Circular and on the conference web site
University of Belgrade – Faculty of Physical Chemistry
– Meeting: Materials (3rd IMMSERA) –
Studentski trg 12-16
11158, Belgrade, Serbia
Phone.: +381 11-3336-625
Fax: +381 11-2187-133
Welcome to Belgrade